The total amount raised is likely to further cement Donald Trump’s status as the frontrunner for the Republican nomination. Credit: Michael M. Santiago / Getty

Donald Trump nearly doubled his fundraising during the second quarter of 2023 — an indication that his legal troubles are propelling his campaign financially.

The former president’s joint fundraising committee raked in more than $35 million, according to a campaign official. That figure is about twice the $18.8 million the committee raised during the first quarter of the year. The joint fundraising committee is split between two entities: Trump’s official campaign, and his leadership political action committee, Save America.

The official did not break down how much of the $35 million-plus went to the campaign and how much went to the PAC. But the most recent fundraising solicitations direct 90 percent of each donation to the former and the remaining 10 percent to the latter. The PAC focuses its spending on non-campaign activity, including paying the former president’s legal bills.

The total amount raised is likely to further cement Trump’s status […]

Read the Full Article